PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY GUIDELINES
– Blackacre photographer permits must be visible at all times.
– Photography is not permitted when the Homestead is closed for a private event. Refer website calendar for these dates or call the office.
– Blackacre’s whiskey barrels, wagons and straw bales may be used for props. Please use with care and be sure to put them back to keep them protected from the weather elements.
– Enjoy the open hayfields for photo sessions; however, animal pastures are off-limits.
– NO PETS ALLOWED.
– NO SMOKING.
– Obey all instructions from Blackacre staff members.
– Regular site activities, including tours, programs, and rentals must not be interfered with. For the safety of students, weekday photography during the school year is restricted to after 2:30 p.m.
– The photographer/videographer is liable for all damages, expenses and loss.
– Blackacre reserves the right to limit access to certain areas.
– Advance notification and approval for commercial photography/videography required to ensure there are no conflicts with scheduled activities.
– Photographers who wish to reserve a location for the day or bring a vehicle (or large prop) for use on the property must first get permission through Blackacre office personnel (depending on the request, you are potential subject to additional cost).
– Grounds, structures, walls, and buildings may not be damaged or altered. Do not attach anything to any site structures.
Controlled Vehicle (Drone) Policy
The preservation of Blackacre is our primary concern, but it is also a place for people to connect with nature and the spirit of the people of pioneer Kentucky. For these reasons, Blackacre prohibits the use of all drones or remote-controlled vehicles in the airspace above Blackacre. Exemptions may be considered for sessions where the homestead is closed for filming or a private event.
Blackacre is a National Historic Landmark and Nature Preserve. People visit from around the world to enjoy and learn about 18th century Kentucky. Please take care of our place so it can be enjoyed for years to come. Thank you in advance for picking up and disposing of trash.
Note: If you are already registered at a photographer with Blackacre, a new permit will automatically be issued upon receipt of your recurring paypal payment. If not, complete the registration below.